- Our Family Origins in Germany was written by Warren W. Wirebach following his 1973 trip to Germany. A pdf version is available here.
- The Making of a German American: The Weierbach Saga was written by Robin Errickson in the 1980s while a student. A pdf version is available here.
- A compilation of The Earliest Weyerbachers is based on church records from Germany. A pdf version is available here.
- An intriguing contradiction of our family origins in America is contained on a monument in a Lebanon, PA cemetery. See The Mystery of the Weyerbacher Monument in Lebanon, PA.
- Nearly 100 years after the 1751 immigration of Johann Nicholas and Catharina Magdalena Weyerbacher, another group of Weyerbachers came to America. How are we related? See The Weyerbachers of Indiana.
- A brief glimpse into the various spelling variations can be seen in Weyerbacher: Evolution of a Surname.
Other Family History
- In 1781, Catherine Elizabeth Weyerbacher was abducted by Indians in Northumberland County, PA, never to return. See Searching for Elizabeth Weyerbacher.
- "The Descendants of Hans Otto Weyerbacher (1640-1714)" compiled by Rachel Saul Tefft, 1997, is an excellent source on the Wirebaughs of Ohio. It can be ordered here. It can be found online here.
- The first Weyerbacher to locate in the Easton, Pennsylvania area was Jacob C. Wirebach. He was the great-grandson of Johann Nicholas and Catharina Magdalena Weyerbacher, the first Weyerbacher immigrants. A 1961-62 paper by J. Byron Waltman lists the many descendants of Jacob C. Wirebach. This document is in .pdf format. An .rtf version is here.
- Jacob C. Wirebach and the Pennsylvania Supreme Court
- Several pages of the 1905 book Historic Homes and Institutions and Genealogical and Personal Memoirs of the Lehigh Valley Pennsylvania discuss his descendants, including Urbanus S. Wirebach, A. H. R. Guiley, and John A. Waltman, who married Katherine (Kate) Wirebach.
- A sad footnote in the family history is the 1899 hanging of Ralph W. Wireback for the murder of David B. Landis.